26. But You Probably Should Eat Fewer Carbs
Carbs are super important.
They’re what the body uses for energy — carbs help us think, walk, and move.
Not to mention that workouts would suck without them.
That said, if you’re trying to lose fat, you don’t want to have a ton of them.
Here’s why: Your body uses the carbohydrates you’ve eaten for energy.
When it needs more energy, it turns to glycogen, a form of energy made from carbs and kept around until you need it.
If your body uses up the glycogen stores and still needs more energy, your body starts burning your fat for energy.
So, if you’re trying to lose fat, you want your body to tear through those carbs and glycogen ASAP to start burning fat sooner rather than later.
The best way to do this is to keep your body’s glycogen levels relatively and reasonably low so that your body turns to fat more quickly.
Lofton recommends getting about 30% of your daily calories from carbs.
This, btw, this isn’t a “low-carb” diet per se.
It’s more of a lower-carb diet.
The American Academy of Family Physicians defines a low-carb diet as one in which less than 20% of daily calories are coming from carbs.
- Be Smarter 🤓 about the Way You Eat Carbs 🍕🍝 ...
- Why You Should Never Completely Cut out Carbs ...
- Here's What the Most Energetic People Are Eating, and You Should Too ...
- Try the Famous Japanese 🇯🇵 Method to Shrink Your Waist 👌🏼 and Improve Your Posture 👍🏼 ...
- 7 Reasons You Should Eat Kale That You're Probably Not Aware of ...
- Guilt-free 🙏🏼 100 Calorie Snacks🍿🍋🍓for the Girl Watching Her Weight ...