22. Yes, Losing Body Fat is Partially about How Many Calories You Eat. so Let’s Just Get That out of the Way First
As BuzzFeed Life reported for a previous story, figuring out how much you should eat depends on your goals.
If you’re looking to reduce body fat, you’ll most likely have to find a way to take in fewer calories, on average, than you presently are.
Lofton recommends keeping a journal of what you eat across three days (including one weekend day, since weekends tend to be when most people let a little loose) to see where there might some easy fixes to make — like cutting down on alcohol consumption, eliminating sugary drinks, or reducing any portion sizes that seem overly big.
If journaling isn’t for you, you can also use online calculators to give yourself a rough estimate of how many calories you need per day based on your goals.
Now that you have some basic information, either from your journaling or calculations, you can figure out how to adjust your eating habits to support the goal of losing body fat.
Keep in mind that the amount of calories you need to reduce each day or week to lose fat will be totally specific to your goals, lifestyle, the exercise you’re doing, any medical conditions, and so on, so you might need to experiment.
Otherwise, of course, speak with a doctor or dietitian for more precise numbers.
- 31 Decadent 👅 Chopped Salads 🔪 to Help You Lose Weight ⚖️ ...
- 19 Fantastic Ways to Burn Fat Faster and Lose Weight ...
- How to Lose Thigh Fat
- How to Lose Arm Fat
- Tips for Girls 📝 Who Want to Lose Body Fat 👎🏼 without Losing Body Weight ⚖️ ...
- 10 Foods 🍽 to Give You 👆🏼 the Flat Belly You've Always 👐🏼 Dreamed 💭 of Having ...