7 Weight Loss Goals to Set That Will Help Push You to Success ...

By Alicia

7 Weight Loss Goals  to Set That Will Help Push  You to Success  ...

Sometimes we get too hung up on reaching a certain number on the scale. I know I’ve been guilty of that before. While reaching a certain weight is a nice thought, it may not be the most motivating goal for you. These’re 7 weight loss goals that’ll push you to succeed. They’re not only focused on helping you look your best, but also being your best.

1 To like What You See in the Mirror

One goal you may want to consider adopting is this one. Shift your focus from hitting a specific weight to liking what you see in the mirror. If it’s been a long time since you truly liked your reflection, work toward getting to that point. That can mean weight loss, toning up and just coming to a general acceptance of your body. Improving your body is wonderful but loving it is even more important.

2 To Be Strong

Working out to burn calories isn’t a bad thing. It’s good to be conscious of your weight and want it to be within a healthy range. But working out to have a strong body is a good goal to have, too. This goal is a reminder that working out is for more than just weight loss. Weight loss is more of a side effect of strengthening your body than the number one change taking place.

3 To Be Healthy

I’ve reached a place where I realize it’s more important to be healthy than it is to be skinny. It’s nice to be slim and look good in your clothing. That’s a great thing! But it’s more important that your weight is in a healthy range and that you’re in good physical shape. If you make it your goal to be healthy by eating right and exercising, weight loss will happen, too.

4 To Have Self-Confidence

Feeling down on yourself because of your weight is a bummer. You’re more than a number on a scale! Love yourself for the beautiful, wonderful person you are! It’s good to love your figure and feel confident about your body. But don’t let that hinge completely upon your size. Start working toward having confidence in yourself now.

5 To Feel Good about the Foods You Put in Your Body

One goal I’ve been working toward is feeling good about my food choices. This means bypassing the chips and choosing whole wheat crackers. It means snacking on grapes instead of cookies. Yes, those are lower calorie choices that can help weight come off but those are also healthy choices that can nourish your body. Strive to eat healthy 80% of the time and enjoy the occasional treat the other 20%.

6 To Stop Feeling like Food is the Enemy

When you’ve struggled with your weight for a long time you can begin to feel like food is the enemy. This leads to you having an unhealthy relationship with food. It can even make you obsessive about food and the nutritional information of it. One goal I’ve been working on is realizing food itself is not the enemy. Poor eating habits are.

7 To do This for Yourself

You have to reach a point where you want to lose weight for yourself in order to really stick to it. It’s okay to want your partner to be proud of you. It’s great when they do compliment you or brag on you to others! But weight loss is a personal journey you’re making on your own. You have to do it for yourself first and foremost.

These’re 7 weight loss goals that’ll push you to succeed. Which ones feel right for you? Your comments are always welcome.

Please rate this article

More