I don’t know about you, but I love fitness quotes! I love reading and collecting inspirational quotes and personally, I need all the help I can get when it comes to getting motivated to move more often! If you’re like me and need some motivation to work out or you love to work out and just like to read inspirational fitness quotes, keeping reading below for seven incredible quotes!
1. “the Reason I Can Be 38 and Have Two Kids and Wear a Bikini is Because I Work My Ass off. It’s Not an Accident. It’s Not Luck, It’s Not Fairy Dust, It’s Not Good Genes. It’s Killing Myself for an Hour and a Half Five Days a Week, but What I Get out of It is Relative to What I Put into It.” –Gwyneth Paltrow
The first and longest of the amazing fitness quotes is from Gwyneth Paltrow. She sometimes says questionable things but I think she was right on when it came to how she achieved her incredible figure! I love that she’s honest about how hard she works since many celebs say that they don’t diet or exercise. We don’t have to kill ourselves working out in order to look and feel good, but it’s inspiring to know that Gwyneth works hard and is proud of her body!
2. “Motivation Will Almost Always Beat Mere Talent.” –Norman R. Augustine
The next inspirational fitness quote can be applied to so many areas in our life but I think it’s very true when it comes to fitness. We can dream of having a fit body or running a marathon but being motivated to do those things can beat out the talent to do those things. Natural talent is an amazing blessing but you can also achieve great things with motivation!
3. "Exercise is like Meditation for Me.” –Minka Kelly
This is a great quote that talks about the different side of working out. We typically think of exercise as a hardcore drip session where we push ourselves to work hard. But, exercise can also be a time to allow ourselves to think and clear our head. Exercise doesn’t have to be all about competition or pushing limits, we can do our minds and hearts a lot of good during a workout as well!
4. "It's a Combination of Wanting to Be Strong, Fit and Healthy and Enjoying the Stress Release.” –Bridget Moynahan
Here’s another awesome motivational fitness quote that captures some of the great reasons to get your body moving! The benefits of exercising are numerous, in fact it benefits just about every part of your body and it can help you become physically stronger, more fit and healthier in your mind and body! If you ever question whether you should work out or not, remind yourself of all the amazing benefits!
5. “It Takes 4 Weeks for You to Notice Your Body Changing, 8 Weeks for Your Friends to Notice, and 12 Weeks for the Rest of the World to Notice. Give It 12 Weeks. Don’t QUIT!” –Unknown
I regularly see remarkable fitness quotes on Pinterest, Tumblrs and on Instagram and this next quote is one of my favorites! It’s really easy to get discouraged when we’re trying to live a healthier lifestyle but we don’t see the results we want or expect to see. This quote is a reminder that we will see a change in our bodies but it takes time.
6. “Your Life Does Not Get Better by Chance, It Gets Better by Change.” –Jim Rohn
As much as it might seem like some people have it easy or they just have really good luck in life, it’s not always so. You can achieve your fitness or weight loss goals by changing your habits and lifestyle; it doesn’t just happen by accident. This quote reminds me another inspirational fitness quote, “Don’t wish for it, work for it.” We can all accomplish our goals and dreams if we work at it!
7. “It is a Shame for a Man to Grow Old without Seeing the Beauty and Strength of Which His Body is Capable.” –Socrates
Obviously this fitness quote applies to both men and women, as we can all benefit from experiencing the beauty and strength of our bodies! If you feel like your workouts are no longer challenging or you’re hesitant to try something new, remember this quote! It might not be easy to try something new or challenge yourself but you’ll feel so empowered and confident that it’d be a shame not to experience it!
I hope you enjoyed reading these fitness quotes! Sometimes it’s helpful to keep a quote posted nearby or memorize it for those days you’re feeling unmotivated. Do you have a favorite fitness quote to get you motivated?